One of the things that both new and veteran campers and backpackers struggle with, is finding easy and delicious camping meals. This is something I always have a hard time with. It can be challenging to find meals that are practical for camping and backpacking. I have spent hours searching online and sometimes I just can’t find any good recipes. That is why I love having a good camping cookbook.
Some recipes are just too complicated or really aren’t practical for camping. So what do you do? What I would do, is write a cookbook for easy camping meals. My previous cookbook “The Castiron Camping Cookbook”, was such a hit, that I went and wrote another one. I introduce to you now, the “5 Ingredient Camping Cookbook”, available now for pre-order on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
If you are looking for camping recipes, it’s nice when you can find a wide variety all in one place. Nobody likes having to search in multiple places and wasting time trying to find recipes. With this cookbook, there is plenty to choose from, and this cookbook is the perfect size for camping. It can be stashed in a backpack or a camping box with ease.
What’s so great about this camping cookbook?
This cookbook is useful and practical for any type of camping: RV camping, tent, and car camping, and backpacking. Every recipe is five ingredients or less (excluding oil, salt, and water). These are simple recipes, that anyone can make and are flavorful and delicious.
What type of camping recipes are in this camping cookbook?
This cookbook includes (but is not limited to) recipes for:
- vegan diets
- vegetarian diets
- Dutch oven cooking
- pie iron cooking
- tin foil meals
- camp stove cooking
What sections are in this cookbook?
I had so much fun creating the recipes in this book. But besides writing an amazing cookbook, I wanted this cookbook to have helpful tips that any camper could use and appreciate. The sections in this cookbook are:
- Introduction: camp cooking tips, safety tips, complete checklists for your camping pantry for camping and backpacking, recommended camping pantry staples and ways to cook while camping
- Breakfast recipes
- Lunch recipes
- Sides and snacks
- Dinner and main dishes
- Dessert recipes
- Drink recipes
What are some of the recipes in this cookbook?
There are 75 recipes total in this cookbook. I had a hard time narrowing it down to just those ones, but I chose the best and the most delicious recipes. I wanted there to be a variety not only with flavors, but also techniques too. I think that when you are camp cooking or cooking over a campfire, there should be versatility. This camping cookbook has something for everyone, regardless of diet or camp cooking expertise. Many of these recipes are inspired by flavors from all over the world. Some of the recipes in this cookbook include:
- Apple Pie Dutch Baby
- Breakfast Peppers
- Camper’s Chopped Salad
- Easy Backpacking Sliders
- Dutch Oven Sausage Casserole
- Spicy Fish Stew
- Peppered Beef Jerk
- Strawberry Fruit Leather
- Butterscotch Monkey Bread
- Pie Iron Pies
- Bonfire Shandy
Reviews for the “5 Ingredient Camping Cookbook”
You can read all of these on Amazon, but I thought I would share a few of them here:
- – “As a family with small kids, it can be daunting at times to try and figure out what to make while camping. I mean, we can’t live on hotdogs and hamburgers the entire time! This book is filled with delicious recipes that call for ingredients you can find at any grocery store. I also love that it has nut-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free options to meet the needs of our family”.
- – “I liked the way the book is organized and written. I see recipes I am familiar with and some that I am excited to try. I like the size of the book, it will be easy to take camping and to the store to buy ingredients. They are fast and easy recipes, which is important when you are away from your kitchen. I do most of the cooking when my family is camping, I will definitely use this book.”
- – “As someone who backpacks/camps often(like most Montanans do), this book is purely awesome! There’s some really awesome recipes in this book for not only camping, but for at home as well. I don’t have to worry about food allergies, but there are a ton of recipes in this book that are gluten/soy/nut free! Definitely happy to have this book. 100% would(and will) recommend to a friend”
I had such a blast writing the “5 Ingredient Cookbook”, and it was just as much fun writing as the “Cast-iron Camping Cookbook”. It’s so important to me that people eat well, especially when they are camping. If you haven’t already, do check out the “Castiron Camping Cookbook”. If you need other additional ideas for camping and backpacking recipes, check out this list of camping cookbooks published in 2020 that every camper needs. A camping cookbook should be considered one of the camping essentials.
Please let us know what you think! Be sure to leave me a comment below or rate either of the cookbooks online.